Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,112
    Given: 2,390

Featured Content Search radius – what is it and how can I change it?

03-02-21 , 15:22

Hey everyone,

Your search radius directly impacts the areas your company might appear in the Checkatrade.com customer search results. Put simply, if you’re receiving lots of calls from customers outside of your preferred areas, you might want to lower your search radius and make sure your contacts are from areas you really want to work in.

>>Click here to check your search radius – and alter it if you need to. You can also list keywords of the main areas you undertake work in. These will appear on your profile page under ‘locations’ – so that browsing customers can easily see if you cover their area.

Remember that regular reviews are also essential for helping your company to appear in search results. If there is a particular area which you’re hoping to gain more work in, the best way to become more visible in search results for that area is to establish reviews there.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 3812
Size:  88.2 KB
    Don't forget- The radius is 'as the crow flies'

Thanks
    ​​​​​​​Lauren
    Last edited by Lauren; 05-02-21 at 12:48.
    👋 Have you Introduced yourself yet? Please click here!
    ​​​​​​​
    ❔ Customers are asking questions >>here>> We share links to your Checkatrade profiles on our blogs if you help answer these questions!
    🤝 Connect with other local Members in your area >>🎤
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 138

03-02-21 , 15:54

Good reminder, this setting is easily overlooked. Thanks @Lauren 👍
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Thumbs Up

04-02-21 , 12:36

Hey @Christopher11

Thank you for your comments. I agree, hopefully, it'll encourage people to just take a moment to double-check their work radius.

I'll share a link to this post on some of the necessary topics in the Community and we've also put this message in the Members Memo which is our monthly newsletter sent to everyone (delivered on Monday 8thth Feb)

#SpreadTheWord
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thumbs Up

11-02-21 , 16:38

@Lauren, is there a default radius? Perhaps some members haven't changed their search area at all but also, the system seems to re-set itself occasionally - another reason to check all settings periodically.
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Thumbs Up

11-02-21 , 16:56

Hey @Christopher11
    IS yours defaulting to 19 miles too? @Sean has just mentioned on another post this is happening with him.

What is your current radius and what are you trying to put it too please?
    Have you spoken with an adviser about it yet at all too? Ive made the tech team aware about this

thanks
    Lauren
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thumbs Up

11-02-21 , 17:16

No problem with ours (15 miles), I just thought it was worth asking the question in case the default of x miles wasn't suitable for some members but they hadn't realised.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
    IS yours defaulting to 19 miles too? @Sean has just mentioned on another post this is happening with him.

What is your current radius and what are you trying to put it too please?
    Have you spoken with an adviser about it yet at all too? Ive made the tech team aware about this
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Thumbs Up

16-02-21 , 09:45

Morning @Christopher11

I have been told any radius increases above 20 miles you must give the team a call as they are the only ones who can increase above this number for you now
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thumbs Up

16-02-21 , 10:21

Is there a default radius? That was my original question @Lauren.
    If the default is 20 miles, that might be too much for some tradesmen operating in a town, for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
    I have been told any radius increases above 20 miles you must give the team a call as they are the only ones who can increase above this number for you now
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Thumbs Up

16-02-21 , 10:22

No default radius @Christopher11