Which combi boiler should I choose?

• Best Answer

Best Answer
    Eco fit pure vaillant itís good boiler and good for value you get 10 year guarantee parts and labour. if you need and help with the size kw let me know I will be glad to help
  • Best Answer

Level 1
    Best Answer
    Fit lots of vaillants with a 10 year parts and labour warranty
    for a lower budget boiler, Baxi Main seems very well priced and reliable. 5 years warranty, yet to have a problem/recall after over 3 years of fitting them
  • Best Answer

Level 7
    Best Answer
    Get a Daxom electric combi boiler , the gas industry will be over in 15 years time or less. The new rules will be in force to go green by 2030 many changes will happen. To all gas engineers, if I was you go and start to study electrical courses, unless you know your future itís safe... thereís a link here , it looks very attractive and does what supposed to do, obviously it might be some language barrier, but I have seen them in a new properties already , <a href="https://youtu.be/ewkvVTwGPr0" target="_blank"> </a>​​​​​​​
    Last edited by Lauren; 09-03-21 at 09:31.
  • Best Answer

Best Answer
    Mainly fit Vaillant, however Vokera are competitive and have great webinar training.
  • Best Answer

Level 3
    Best Answer
    We always recommend a Baxi Or Worcester. But almost all manufacturers come with a five-year and up warranty but you must remember to get it serviced every year to keep it valid.
  • Best Answer

Level 14
    Best Answer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed The Last Tribe View Post
    Get a Daxom electric combi boiler , the gas industry will be over in 15 years time or less. The new rules will be in force to go green by 2030 many changes will happen. To all gas engineers, if I was you go and start to study electrical courses, unless you know your future it�s safe... there�s a link here , it looks very attractive and does what supposed to do, obviously it might be some language barrier, but I have seen them in a new properties already , https://youtu.be/ewkvVTwGPr0

Even though I may be retired by then *hopes* I honestly don't believe 20+ million domestic gas boilers and quite a few million domestic gas cookers in the UK will just disappear within the next 15 yrs. I doubt the electricity infrastructure could cope either.
  • Best Answer

Level 7
    Best Answer
    Itís not about the existing ones , itís about the new electric ones , and itís already happening. The gas supplies are running out, biggest supplier at the moment itís Scotland, but itís definitely happening.
  • Best Answer

Best Answer
    We always fit Weismann. Different engineers have their preferences but two main reasons for us. They also offer the 10yr parts and labour warranty and the clincher is the stainless steel heat exchanger which copes with water softeners and the more acidic water. Go to many houses in Basingstoke where a customer has a softener and someone installs a Worcester boiler so instantly the warranty is invalid.
    In addition they are just nice to work on. Case is easy to remove and the condense and discharge pipes are combined so less plumbing.
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone, Wow - what a great response and answers, thank you so much! 😊

Thanks again,
    Lauren
    Level 1
    Depending on your budget:

High end: Vaillant
    Mid Range: Glowworm or Baxi (Glowworm are owned by Vaillant and offer the same 10 year warranty).

But the question is entirely subjective to the installer and the issues theyíve had with boilers in the past.

But I think most of us can agree Worcesters are overpriced and great at marketing. Iíd steer clear