Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 15

Featured Content Making paper work easier!

20-04-21 , 21:32

Hi all,
    As work is quite busy for me at the moment I seem to be bogged down with paper work every evening and itís frying my brain! Does anyone recommend a software or app that could help with Quotes, Invoices and Electrical Test Certificates. I would prefer one platform for all so it can keep it nice and tidy in one place!
    Thanks in advance
    Alex
    Last edited by Lauren; 05-05-21 at 08:24.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 131
    Given: 36

21-04-21 , 03:37

Alex
    For invoicing we use QuickBooks online, it's not perfect but makes life a bit simpler

I've used the inventory model within the app to preload all of our job types, and put standard costs against them. It's not really designed for that but it works, and saves typing out job descriptions etc
    You send all estimates and invoices from within the app, there is also something similar called xero, but never used that
    If you go down that route, speak to you accountant as they can generally offer it cheaper than we can purchase ourselves
    It also offers lots of integrations with over apps
    Can't help with you electrical certificate, but you might want to look at IAuditor. It's massively customizable, and might work for what you want. They have a library with 1000's of templates or you just build your own. It does not integrate with qbo
    Check out service m8 as well, we have stopped using this as it only works on Apple and not android, but it does integrate with qbo
    hope that helps

​​​​​​​Jason
    Last edited by Lauren; 20-05-21 at 12:35.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thumbs Up

21-04-21 , 07:06

Quote Originally Posted by jason1972 View Post
    Alex
    For invoicing we use QuickBooks online, it's not perfect but makes life a bit simpler

I've used the inventory model within the app to preload all of our job types, and put standard costs against them. It's not really designed for that but it works, and saves typing out job descriptions etc

You send all estimates and invoices from within the app, there is also something similar called xero, but never used that

If you go down that route, speak to you accountant as they can generally offer it cheaper than we can purchase ourselves

It also offers lots of integrations with over apps

Can't help with you electrical certificate, but you might want to look at IAuditor. It's massively customizable, and might work for what you want. They have a library with 1000's of templates or you just build your own. It does not integrate with qbo

CHeck out service m8 as well, we have stopped using this as it only works on Apple and not android, but it does integrate with qbo

hope that helps

​​​​​​​Jason

Thanks Jason,
    That is really helpful, I will have a look in to those. I have heard of Quickbooks and like the idea of it being part of my accounts too so shall check that out first.
    Thabks for your help.

​​​​​​​Alex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 108

22-04-21 , 14:39

Have you tried the powered now app itís one of the benefits in member area
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thumbs Up

22-04-21 , 20:50

Quote Originally Posted by Ashcroft Brickwork View Post
    Have you tried the powered now app itís one of the benefits in member area

Ah, I I havenít! Iíll have a look at that especially if itís a benefit in the member area! Thanks for the tip!
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,108
    Given: 2,380

07-05-21 , 08:55

Hey @Simm Electrical

How're you today?

Great discussion point and advice from everyone above, have you downloaded any of the above apps at all yet? Im really keen to hear how you get on.

Ashcroft is correct in saying that we have a partnership with the PoweredNow helping you with quotes, invoices, issue certificates, managing your diary, manage VAT returns and more! See the offers and discount pages in your members area here.
    👋 Have you Introduced yourself yet? Please click here!
    ​​​​​​​
    ❔ Customers are asking questions >>here>> We share links to your Checkatrade profiles on our blogs if you help answer these questions!
    🤝 Connect with other local Members in your area >>🎤
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

07-05-21 , 14:41

Can someone link to the Powered Now offer please. Can't see it
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,108
    Given: 2,380

07-05-21 , 17:46

Hey @Heatfire click here to get to the offers and discounts page then 2 below RAC offer, its on the right (if you're using a desktop). Please let me know how you get on with it

Name:  powered now.JPG
Views: 132
Size:  101.5 KB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

07-05-21 , 17:56

Name:  Screenshot_20210507-185137.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  951.2 KB​​​​​​​ok thanks. It says at the bottom it ran out in February. I'm already using Powered Now and was hoping for some discount but it's only for new users. Never mind