I wanted to let you all know that from Friday 1st October our guarantee launches across the nation and below you'll find all the information you need to know!
Checkatrade is the home of trusted trades, but even our members have to overcome their customers fear of ‘what if something goes wrong’?
Our guarantee covers our members work within construction and restoration type categories for 12 months, up to a value of £1000 and doesn’t cost members anything. There are no excess or hidden charges, it comes as standard with your membership if you are in one of the eligible trade categories (see ‘excluded’ trade categories below).
It’s just another reason for customers to use a Checkatrade member.
Here's what you need to know:
- It’s active from Friday 1st October 2021
- Will be advertising on TV and radio
- We tested the guarantee for 10 months and it was a hit with our customers, so much so that contacts to our members went up 3.3%
- A guarantee badge will display on a member’s profile page if they are in an eligible trade category
We couldn’t cover all trade types. The reason being from an insurance perspective, not all jobs are made to last 12 months. Here is the list of category types that fall within that description and are not covered by this guarantee.
Carpet and Upholstery cleaning; Chimney Sweep; Cleaning services; Drain / Sewer Clearance; Drone Surveying; Garage / Vehicle services; Gardener; Grass cutting; Hire services; IT & Consultancy; Landlord services; Miscellaneous services; Oven cleaning; Pest / Vermin control; Removals / Storage, Rubbish / Waste / Clearance; Scaffolder; Surveying; Towing / Transportation; Transport services; Window cleaner;
It’s also good for you to know that for a customer to make a claim they need to have completed the steps below:
- Customers have to notify Checkatrade directly of their intention to make a claim
- They must leave a review 30 days after the work has been completed
- They must have evidence of invoices, payment and work carried out
Finally, you’re on Checkatrade, so you’re a credible and reputable business. However sometimes even our members get negative feedback. If you find yourself in this situation, we always ask that you engage and look to resolve any issues.
If it’s useful, we’ve built out ‘code of conduct’ literature with some useful guidance. You can look this over here >>