Blog: Checkatrade Guarantee - Our guarantee has your back

Community Manager
    Name:  Cat guarantee.JPG
Views: 91
Size:  12.4 KB
    Hey everyone,

I wanted to let you all know that from Friday 1st October our guarantee launches across the nation and below you'll find all the information you need to know!

Checkatrade is the home of trusted trades, but even our members have to overcome their customers fear of ‘what if something goes wrong’?
    Our guarantee covers our members work within construction and restoration type categories for 12 months, up to a value of £1000 and doesn’t cost members anything. There are no excess or hidden charges, it comes as standard with your membership if you are in one of the eligible trade categories (see ‘excluded’ trade categories below).

It’s just another reason for customers to use a Checkatrade member.

Here's what you need to know:

• It’s active from Friday 1st October 2021
    • Will be advertising on TV and radio
    • We tested the guarantee for 10 months and it was a hit with our customers, so much so that contacts to our members went up 3.3%
    • A guarantee badge will display on a member’s profile page if they are in an eligible trade category

We couldn’t cover all trade types. The reason being from an insurance perspective, not all jobs are made to last 12 months. Here is the list of category types that fall within that description and are not covered by this guarantee.

Carpet and Upholstery cleaning; Chimney Sweep; Cleaning services; Drain / Sewer Clearance; Drone Surveying; Garage / Vehicle services; Gardener; Grass cutting; Hire services; IT & Consultancy; Landlord services; Miscellaneous services; Oven cleaning; Pest / Vermin control; Removals / Storage, Rubbish / Waste / Clearance; Scaffolder; Surveying; Towing / Transportation; Transport services; Window cleaner;

It’s also good for you to know that for a customer to make a claim they need to have completed the steps below:

• Customers have to notify Checkatrade directly of their intention to make a claim
    • They must leave a review 30 days after the work has been completed
    • They must have evidence of invoices, payment and work carried out

Finally, you’re on Checkatrade, so you’re a credible and reputable business. However sometimes even our members get negative feedback. If you find yourself in this situation, we always ask that you engage and look to resolve any issues.

If it’s useful, we’ve built out ‘code of conduct’ literature with some useful guidance. You can look this over here >>

Kindest regards,
    Lauren
    👋 Have you Introduced yourself yet? Please click here!
    ​​​​​​​
    ❔ Customers are asking questions >>here>> We share links to your Checkatrade profiles on our blogs if you help answer these questions!
    🤝 Connect with other local Members in your area >>🎤
  • 6 Replies

Level 5
    What a great idea! I will be definitely mentioning this to my customers, especially my existing ones who may be looking for other trades and have not tried Checkatrade before!
    Community Manager
    Hey Alex @Simm Electrical Thanks for commenting - YES, spread the word! Thank you
    Community Manager
    I'd love to hear other comments on this all - what do you think?
    Level 4
    There's no mention of the Consumer Rights Act. Can you elaborate on how the Checkatrade Guarantee fits in with this?

Secondly, if a member is already approved by Trading Standards, can the member opt out of the Guarantee?
    🤔

Level 10
    @Lauren that's a blinder of a customer benefit! And really does put the name of Checkatrade behind its Members (who fit in the categories) but also I can see this having an uplift effect on enquiries for all of us.

Well done Checkatrade! Looking forward to hearing how this pans out now it is on major release.

​​​​​​​
    Community Manager
    Hi @Chris11

How're you today?

The Guarantee does not affect any statutory rights and Trading standards membership does not come with any guarantee.

You cannot opt out - its a benefit we offer consumers at nil cost to our members
    @S4G Drone Services Thank you so much for your comments and feedback! It's brilliant for us to be able to share this with both members and consumers giving that extra little bit of confidence.

​​​​​​​
    Kindest regards,
    Lauren
    Last edited by Lauren; 15-10-21 at 09:24.