Which trade do I need to insulate 2 internal walls?

View All Categories
  • Georgia's Avatar
    Community Manager
    Question: The bathroom walls have no cavity or insulation. I have stripped the plaster off and want to know how and what to use to insulate the 2 walls and who could do it The showeroom is situated in my single storey extension and is cold and suffers with condensation. I need a tradesperson to give me a quote to insulate the 2 internal walls properly.
    Last edited by Lauren; 25-10-21 at 15:30.
    Let's get started! Create a new post 👉here!👈
    Have you seen all of the benefits available to you as a Checkatrade member? Take a look ⭐here
  • 1 Reply

  • Best Answer

    ToolTalk1's Avatar
    Level 20
    Best Answer
    dependent on space insulation can be done by simply bonding thermal plaster board to the walls.
    depending on the finished requirements this could be plastered, tape & jointed
    then painted with Zinsser Permawhite mould resistant paint after pre priming with Zinsser 123 or 123 Plus.

    if mould is an issue then decent extraction is required & after treating the mould the same paint system applied.
    a builder, decorator or experienced handy man could carry put these works