Have I ruined my doors?

Level 1
    ​​​​​​​Hello all, I recently bought a factory-primed white door from Wickes ... well I bought four. I was told by their customer service team that it was ready to paint using a water-based paint, and this was highlighted on their product description too. I was then recommended their own range of water-based interior wood paint - I purchased them in Matt Black. However, after two coats Iíve noticed the paint is very blotchy. They were cleaned, already primed, so Iím not sure what I was missing for them to turn blotchy - and with them being so dark in colour, the mistake (for a lack of better words) is very visible. Any advice on how to best approach this now?
  • 3 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 20
    Best Answer
    Hi SalKhan,
    sounds like you might have purchased an emulsion paint ideally for walls and that might be the reason it hasnít covered.
    personally I wouldnít use a Matt paint on doors as it will mark easy. Ideally I would use something like Dulux diamond eggshell as itís tougher and should convert better painting black on white primer will most likely take three good coats.
    hope this helps .
    ​​​​​​​sean
    SEAN SAUNDERS DECORATING
    Community Manager
    @ToolTalk1 @Sean @Ajw
    👋 Have you Introduced yourself yet? Please click here!
    ​​​​​​​
    ❔ Customers are asking questions >>here>> We share links to your Checkatrade profiles on our blogs if you help answer these questions!
    🤝 Connect with other local Members in your area >>🎤
    Community Manager
    Hey, thank you for taking the time to answer @Sean 😊
    @SalKhan - I am just tagging you so that you receive a notification to see the answer

Please let us know how you get on with the advice Sean has shared,

All my best,
    ​​​​​​​Lauren