Hopefully you've had a chance to take a look around the community already!
This post is here to set out the Community Guidelines which are made up of two parts: Part A - Code of Conduct; and Part B - The Rules.
Our Checkatrade community is a fantastic place for getting help and advice, a place to connect with other users, members or customers… and Checkatrade too.
We must make sure that this remains a safe, enjoyable yet constructive place to spend your time, so below are some standard guidelines we ask you to abide by
A. Code of Conduct:
The code of conduct is best practice, we expect all users to respect the spirit of what's intended by the code of conduct.
1. Be Respectful – it's cool to be kind, polite and encouraging of one another even when opinions may differ sometimes. Treat others as you would like to be treated. Also, please use a family-friendly username when you start out.
2. Say Thanks – if another member has helped you or shared something great, give it a like and or pick the best answer if you created a post.
3. Stay On Topic - Conversations can naturally flow in different directions, but please try to stick to the topic and avoid derailing the conversation or changing the topic as this makes things hard to follow for others. If you’d like to talk about something else, please start a new discussion.
4. Keep It Simple – each post you create or reply to please make sure you are clear in what you are saying and write full posts so other members can communicate with you easily
5. Search First and Trade Categories – You can use the search function first before creating a post to see if you can find the answer to your question in a previous conversation. There are different trade type icons you can find categorised trade questions and answers
6. Please Report – We ask that you report any inappropriate content that goes against our code of conduct or ethics. The Community Manager is here to help and ensure that the community is a welcoming place for all so if you see something that goes against these guidelines or you think isn’t right/fair then please report it straight away.
7. Be careful with personal info- Only share information that you’re happy to talk about publicly. The community is not a place to handle private stuff, but to have open conversations. You can use the DM feature if you need to talk about sensitive things. If you’re unsure, ask me/the team.
B.The Community Rules and Some of the things we avoid:
- • Name calling or anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive or abusive
- • Posting low-value content that doesn’t add to the discussion
- • Repeatedly making the same arguments, instead of moving on
- • Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content
- • Replying in a confrontational manner
- • Posting anything obscene or sexually explicit.
- • Harassment, impersonation of people, or expose their private information.
- • It’s best to avoid even the appearance of any of these things. If you’re unsure, ask yourself how you would feel if your post was shown to your boss, family, or friends. When in doubt, avoid it.
Consequences for breaking the rules:
We take a strong stance on enforcing our community guidelines. In severe cases, such as posting content that we have zero tolerance for, we will immediately ban and remove the user from our community and cancel their Checkatrade membership.
Reporting a post/member to us.
We ask that if you see anything that you feel breaches the code of conduct and/or guidelines, please flag it to make one of us aware.
If you experience abuse, harassment, discrimination, or feel unsafe, let us know as soon as possible.
Where to start...?
Ask a question >>
View and follow all trade categories >>
Please feel free to direct message me if you have any questions 📩 😊