Firstly congratulations on the news!
How exciting for you. My advice is to make as you say a “Check- List”
1. Length of lease
2. Maintenance costs (find out everything your supposed to contribute too) including who carries out the repairs!
check them out! Beforehand.
3. Are there any outstanding warranties that transfer to the new owner
4. Is there a chip in community pot (a secure direct debit bank account that everyone contributes too (often run by an independent legal representative)
5. When was the last boiler service
6. Has the electrics got a recent certificate
7. Is it In a good state of repair
8. Do the doors all easily close & latch
9. Are there any cracks
10. Shower & bath for sealant failure
11. Parking allocation
12. Council Tax cost
13. Parking permit? Costs
14. Is this property on a water meter
15. Fixed rate mortgage a must
16. Mortgage insurance
17. Security check doors & windows
budget to replace door locks
18. Fire proof cladding ?
Have moving in Party for community members (cheeky)