Your feedback is really important to us - we've received questions in this thread, and have answered them in this new post here >>
If you have more questions please share them in the new thread - we've closed this one now to help us make sure we see all your questions and feedback in one place 🙂
Your position in the search listings is important. The higher you appear in the listings, the more likely you are to be seen and chosen by a customer. However, we’ve listened to member feedback and agree that some of our members are getting a higher share of the visibility than others.
Following successful trials, we’re rolling out a further improvement which will ensure that the top positions in the search listings are spread more evenly amongst our members.
As a result of these modifications you may see changes in the search rankings and where you appear in the search results.
You already know that frequent and regular reviews are important to driving credibility and ranking, and this won’t change.
Your search results position still requires you to have reviews in the areas and trade categories assigned to your profile, so it remains vital to continue to ask for a review for every job you do. Ask your customers for reviews regularly. You can also use the ‘Remind your customer’ function in the Trade App or Member Area. Find our guide on how to collect customer feedback here.
You should also make sure that:
- You're getting frequent and regular feedback every month.
- Your reviews are in the areas you want to work in
- Your reviews are for the trade category you have selected. If for example you have the Plumbing and Heating categories, you need frequent and regular reviews in both categories.
Alongside reviews, your profile is an important part of your search result position.
- Location: Pick the postcode that’s closest to the areas you want to work in (you can change your home postcode free of charge).
- Trade category & sub category: Check you have the right main trade category - and that the subcategories within it reflect the services you offer
- Search Description & Profile Page: Make sure your profile is complete and regularly updated - it's your shop window.
Respond to any enquiries you receive quickly; we know that the quicker your response the more likely you are to win the work. If you can’t respond straight away set up a voice mail or an email autoreply.
We recognise that some multi-van and multi-skilled business will require more visibility than a sole trade business and therefore members can choose to be visible in additional areas and for further services by buying extra post codes, additional trade categories, or paying to be included in your local paper directory (subject to availability). If you are interested in adding new categories to your membership, please give us a call on 02392 120 123 or email [email protected].
More from the community:
Find all our Guides here >>
Network with other trades in your area here >>
See the latest updates and news from Checkatrade here >>
Discuss work questions with other trades here >>
Last edited by Katy; 16-11-20 at 14:22.
Here are some recent posts you might be interested in 😊
⭐ Are you based in London/Essex/Suffolk? Join the trade network thread for that area here >>
➡ Have you considered financing options for your customers? >>
➡Tools & products reviews and recommendations by CAT members >>